This GUI application is designed to perform visual odometry with a handheld RGB-D camera. The method implemented is called “DIFODO” and it is based only on geometric data (range images).
A config file can be used to customize the most important parameters of the method (there is an embedded config file that is loaded by default). These parameters are:
* cam_mode -> Options: 640×480, 320×240, 160×120
* fps -> Choose between 30Hz or 60Hz
* rows and cols ->The resolution of the finest level of the pyramid (coarse-to-fine scheme).
* ctf_levels ->The number of pyramid levels (coarse-to-fine scheme).
2. Underlying classes
This application uses the following main classes from the MRPT C++ library:
- mrpt::vision::CDifodo: Visual odometry main class.
- mrpt::opengl::COpenGLScene: To display the camera trajectory.
Other dependencies (also embedded in the MRPT):
The source code for this application is in the directory “apps/DifOdometry-Camera” of the MRPT tree.
3. Command line options
Although this is mainly an interactive program with a GUI and doesn’t need any argument to be run, some useful functionalities can be called by means of command line arguments. By invoking DifOdometry-Camera –help you will obtain the list of accepted arguments:
DifOdometry-Camera [-h] [-c] [-cc ] [-s]
Display usage information and exit.
-c, --config FILE.txt
Load FILE.txt as config file (instead of using default parameters).
-cc, --create-config FILE.txt
Save the default config parameters as FILE.txt and exit.
-s , --save-logfile
Enable saving a logfile with the estimated trajectory.