This GUI program allows users to find out the camera parameters of a camera by capturing several images of a checkerboard. The program allows online grabbing or images as well as selection of pre-recorded image files. It also shows the reprojected points, undistorted images and a 3D view of the reconstructed camera poses.
Supported image sources:
- All cameras supported by OpenCV (webcams, firewire,…)
- All cameras supported by FFmpeg (IP cameras,…)
- Video files (in any format)
- Rawlog files (an MRPT format of robotic datasets).
- The stereo Bumblebee camera, for calibration of the individual cameras one at a time.
- The intensity channel of a SwisssRanger ToF 3D camera.
- The RGB intensity and IR channels of Microsoft Kinect.
2. Video tutorial
This tutorial explains how to use camera-calib to calibrate a camera with a chessboard. The program captures the images of the pattern on the fly and finally computes the camera matrix and the distortion parameters, which can be saved to plain text files:
- camera-calibration-checker-board_9x7.pdf – 9×7 (higher quality, sharper borders)
Note: Under Linux, you may need to execute
chmod 666 /dev/video1394* and
chmod 666 /dev/raw1394 for allowing user R/W access to firewire cameras without super-user rights.